Wednesday 1 June 2011

I'm up in the clouds and over the moon

The  blue moon
Please excuse me, I rarely win things and when I do, well, what can I say......I'm over the moon.....
I've been an avid follower of 'jamie who', that fabulous food blogger and followed his move over to Aficionado - look below and to the right under 'great blogs' -  its a combination of all the good things in life, food, wine, fashion, lifestyle.
The good man himself .....

jamie who

jamie who was running a competition to win 2 tickets to Luke Dale- Robert's (yes, ex La Colombe)
Test Kitchen in Woodstock,  not just for his usual sublime offerings,  this is something extra special- he's teamed up with Adi Badenhorst from AA Badenhorst wines and Eben Sadie see his ethos and vineyards here, now we're talking real wine, the words used were- 'top-drawer' and 'secret cellar' wines. Jamie who describes it best on his blog 
Don't cry dear friends, because I intend to impart to you every delicious morsel that I put into my mouth and the 'art teacher' will try his best to sneak some pictures of at least a few of those 11-13 courses we'll be savoring along with those wines.
If you can't stand me going on about it any more, and you're feeling flush this month - ZAR 850 per person, quickly book yourself a spot,  it's only running for 6 weeks starting 15 June.
I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.......

4 comments:

  1. Who is cooking at La Colombe, now, Karen?

    Sounds like a good night (night?)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scot Kirton, who used to work under Luke at La Colombe and then became executive chef of their River Cafe, now back at La Colombe again. I think its' going to be an excellent night!! I'm so excited.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen - do you know if Scot also cooked with Franck, pre-Luke?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think so Marie, as the article I read said he was cooking London/Paris prior to that. Franck is running fantastic specials at his Foodbarn in Noordhoek at the moment- I adore his food, so I'm hoping to go next week- yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...