Friday 12 August 2011

A pocket full of pebbles



This little pile was collected on our Jacobsbaai weekend, most were discovered on our happy hikes along the Keurbooms coastline. Later, I'm still finding them, under the seats in the car, deep in the corner of my beach bag and sometimes even in the laundry.

Outside there are stashes of interesting....well, clearly I think so... pebbles, stones and rocks arranged in small clusters beside, behind and inside various pot plants. Many now hidden by the growth of overhanging plants.

Occasionally, the art teacher makes the mistake of tossing one at a noisy guinea fowl or the neighbours marauding cat.

Why do I have the irresistible urge to pick up pretty stones, insanely weighing down rucksacks and pockets on long walks?

I have no idea......they are just too beautiful to leave behind unnoticed.




2 comments:

  1. I have always been a pebble collector! Some stones are too interesting to leave behind! Sometimes I worry, though if all the pebble collectors came to the same beach, would there be any left? I think it is one of my sinful pleasures, at worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased I'm not alone Rachelle!!

    We'll probably be little old ladies...still picking up stones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...