Wednesday 25 February 2015

SARDA boot sale

See how the boot sale has grown

Sorry, pizza tales will have to wait- my pictures were rubbish, I'll just have to eat more pizza to get some good pictures...enough said.

Instead, I'll tell you why I bounced out of bed early last Saturday morning- SARDA boot sale starts bright and early at 8 am, (3rd Saturday of the month) the traders are let in from 7 am and the rest of us are cordoned off outside till 8 am on the dot and then mayhem!

 People run, I honestly wouldn't know which way to run- a friend tells me her man can smell a bargain and knows instinctively which way to run- and it's true.

This is what I got- not at all what I needed, which was garden shears, zinc bath, hose pipe, terribly boring- instead I think I see a tea party with cocktails, some work for the art teacher to fill the frame and a bit of beach bat to work off that pizza.

I spent R210 in total, biggest bargain were the 10 side plates for R2 each and the cutlery for R20.

Got the upholstery cloth for R40- thinking a tablecloth?

The 'what was I thinking' purchase was a doughnut maker- I only paid R10, but still- as you can see that gooey mess inside is pretty much how it ended.


Good news is from March you can sleep a little later, as the boot sale opens to buyers at 9 am- bad news is there will be more people to fight off....better start training my nose.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo, you're back!

    R2 side plates, and they're so pretty.

    I might have to make donuts...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...